DUI Accident Charges in Los Angeles
Have you caused a DUI-related car crash?
DUI with injury and vehicular manslaughter are serious criminal charges. If you are involved in an auto accident in Los Angeles, California and are accused of causing the accident while driving under the influence (DUI), you may face up to 3 years or even 6 years in state prison. If a person loses his or her life in or because of the accident, you may face 4 or 10 years in prison.
Penalties for DUI with Injury Penalties
The penalties in California for any driving under the influence charge, particularly one involving injury, death or an accident are harsh. Your DUI attorney will need to use every resource and draw upon his experience in order to have a chance of defending your charges.
Specific penalties for a DUI auto accident are as follows:
- Misdemeanor DUI with Injury: Up to 1 year in state prison, along with DUI penalties.
- Felony DUI with Injury: Up to 3 years in state prison, along with DUI penalties. Additional 1 year imprisonment for each additional person injured in the accident.
- DUI Causing Great Bodily Injury: Additional 3 years in state prison added to DUI with injury sentence (total of up to 6 years in state prison.)
- Vehicular Manslaughter: Up to 4 years in state prison.
- Vehicular Manslaughter with Gross Negligence: Up to 10 years in state prison.
Serious Defense for Serious DUI Charges in CA
At our firm, we can provide you with criminal defense representation that can help you avoid conviction. Our attorneys have seen individuals accused of causing a DUI accident simply because they had been drinking and driving—even when their abilities were not impaired. Our DUI defense attorneys believe in upholding our clients' rights and doing whatever is needed to provide them with effective defense strategies that will hold up in court.
Request a Free Case Evaluation by Calling Now
When you are facing a charge of DUI in which it is believed that you are responsible for an accident, it is crucial that you contact Gold & Witham. In such a case, the prosecutor will be intent on ensuring your conviction. It is urgent that you have a quality defense attorney working for you. You need a DUI defense lawyer who knows how to bring forward a compelling defense.
The resources available to Gold & Witham will be enlisted to find evidence to defend your case. If you have been charged with this offense, contact our law firm for a free evaluation of your case. You will then be advised by the attorney what options may be available to defend you.
Contact us now to take the first step toward defending your freedom!