For many people arrested for DUI, this is their first brush with the law. Many people have never experienced a DUI charge before and are unsure of where to gain their answers. At Gold & Witham, we strongly believe clients should remain informed and involved throughout the entire process; we therefore work tirelessly to ensure that clients have experienced legal counsel.
Below, we have provided answers to some of the most common questions about DUI charges, with the hope of providing some insight into what you are facing.
Some of the questions we have answered below include the following:
- I've been arrested. What's next?
- What is a DUI?
- Will I have to go to court?
- Will I have to go to jail?
- What is BAC? How will it affect my case?
- Can you drive if you have a DUI?
- What is an arraignment exactly?
- Will I have to attend an alcohol education program?
- Should I take my case to a jury trial?
- What is a PAS test?
- What is discovery?
- If I'm convicted, will I lose my auto insurance?
- What does it cost to hire an experienced lawyer?
- When is a DUI charged as a felony?
- How do people with DUIs get their licenses back?
- How many people get multiple DUIs vs. only one?
- Will I have to pay for property I damaged?
- Does my state know about my DUI in another state?
- What If I Fled the Scene of the Accident?