Unlawful Police Stops in Los Angeles
Did an Unlawful Police Stop Lead to Your Arrest?
The initial police stop is an important part of any Los Angeles DUI case. In order to pull you over, law enforcement must have observed some behavior that indicated intoxication, such as speeding, driving too slowly or swerving or violation of the law, or impairment. Swerving within a lane is not enough to warrant a police stop. In some cases, law enforcement may not have "probable cause" to pull you over or may violate your rights or procedure in some way. A competent attorney will know how to present this in your favor.
Let us defend your rights, schedule your free consultation with us today!
Gold & Witham Can Provide Address Defense
The experienced legal team at Gold & Witham is here to help you with your case. If you were arrested for DUI after what you think may have been an unlawful police stop, our DUI lawyers can thoroughly investigate your case to determine whether your rights were violated in any way. We may then be able to use this to your advantage both at your DMV hearing and in criminal court.
Following are some potential issues we can present in regard to your initial police stop:
- Were you actually displaying driving behavior that indicated impairment?
- Did the officer observe this behavior?
- Did you violate a traffic or other law?
- Did a civilian call in your driving behavior?
- Did the officer ever witness erratic driving or a violated traffic law?
- Were you driving as any reasonable driver would?